[NCSG-PC] [Call for Candidates] Application for GNSO Standing Selection Committee

Oreoluwa oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng
Wed Nov 18 00:05:49 EET 2020

Sounds good, Tomslin. Apologies for my late response. I try not to check email over the weekend. OreSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com> Date: 17/11/2020  22:31  (GMT+01:00) To: Oreoluwa Lesi <oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng> Cc: Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com>, ncsg-pc <ncsg-pc at lists.ncsg.is> Subject: Re: [NCSG-PC] [Call for Candidates] Application for GNSO Standing Selection Committee Hi Ore,The criteria required certain knowledge and skill like it was included in the call for applications. She didn't meet these and I did provide her feedback and encouraged her to continue developing this knowledge and apply for future rounds.  Friday November 13th was the deadline to send the names of our appointees, the same deadline to receive applications internally due to the late call and on the same day, we reviewed the applications and I sent a request to the PC to comment on the options. Not hearing from the PC over the weekend, Bruna and myself decided to confirm
Raymond Mamattah and Peter Akinremi Taiwo on Monday and informed staff that we will continue to work to find a suitable candidate for the remaining slot.I recommend we extend the call for applications for another week and give ourselves a chance to get a suitable candidate.TomslinOn Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 02:13, Oreoluwa Lesi <oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng> wrote:Dear Bruna,Since Razoana doesn’t meet the criteria, I think it’s good to give her the feedback. If it’s not something that can be worked on, then we should open the call for an additional name.Kind regards,Ore
-- Oreoluwa LesiExecutive Director, Women's Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC)+234.803.621.1307, +234.813.339.9999 | www.wtec.org.ng | @wteconline

On 17 Nov 2020, at 2:24 PM, Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> wrote:Dear PC, Just to close off this matter, I followed up with appointing Raymond Mamattah and Peter Akinremi Taiwo for 2 out of the 3 slots of the SSC. According to Razoana's application - Tomslin and myself agreed that she did not meet the set out criteria. Should we expand the call in order to check if we get an additional name ? Best, bruna On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 3:02 AM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com> wrote:Dear PC,Regarding this short call for applications with a deadline to appoint today Friday 13 November, we received only two applications.1. Taiwo Peter Akinremi - whose profile meets the criteria set for the position.2. Razoana Moslam - whom in my opinion does not meet the criteria for the position but is interested. You can see their cover letters below.In this regard, I would like to get your opinion on how we should proceed with the appointment. We have two options:a) Appoint both of themb) Appoint only Taiwo and leave a vacant seat Let me know your thoughts please. Preferably during the weekend, since I believe we need to inform the council next week.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1. Taiwo Peter AkinremiI wish to express interest in serving on the GNSO standing selection committee. I strongly believe that my experience will be of immense value to the GNSO standing selection community.Having reviewed the criteria for the role, kindly see my response inline.§  Be familiar with the GNSO, the GNSO Council, and with the positions to be filled by the SSC;The work of GNSO is centered around policy development. GNSO sets policy, and makes evidence-informed recommendations. GNSO recommend policies to the ICANN Board. In carrying out its responsibilities, there are folks that are elected (GNSO Council) to govern policy development. GNSO Standing Selection Committee is therefore tasked for selection/nomination/review/appointment of candidates for ICANN structure e.g Review team, empowered community§  Have some experience in candidate’s selection and review, in nominating committee or any similar structure; andI have served in a similar role in the past (Internet Governance Caucus Nomination Committee) where appointment was made to the Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group (MAG). Also, on the board of African Civil Society on Information Society where I was responsible for selection and appointment of key stakeholders in the West region of Africa.§  Commit to participating actively and diligently in the SSC’s activities and discussions, and to coordinate with other NCSG representatives.Yes, I will do.ICANN SOI https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Taiwo+Peter+Akinremi+SOI2. Razoana MoslamMy name is Razoana Moslam. I've been a regular participant of GNSOcouncil and is now expressing my interest to be a representative onthe GNSO Council Standing Selection Committee (SSC). I've beenfollowing ICANN from the year 2017 and has been a NEXTGEN in ICANN 60,and NEXTGEN AMBASSADOR in ICANN 63. I've participated in APIGA 2018. Iwould like to volunteer to be a part of GNSO council.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Cheers,Tomslin    On Wed., 11 Nov. 2020, 12:11 Tomslin Samme-Nlar, <mesumbeslin at gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Members,You will recall that NCSG has 3 representatives on the GNSO Council Standing Selection Committee (SSC) which is tasked with helping the GNSO Council make appointments to review teams and other important positions. You can find more details about its mission and role here.
You will also recall that in August, we filled one slot which was vacant after the resignation of one of the NCSG representatives. We now have 2 more slots to fill since two of our current representatives to this committee are term limited. This is therefore a call for volunteers in that regard. We have only upto this Friday 13th of November to fill the seats, so I urge anyone who would like to volunteer to please send through their applications as soon as possible. Candidates should:Be familiar with the GNSO, the GNSO Council, and with the positions to be filled by the SSC;Have some experience in candidates selection and review, in nominating committee or any similar structure; andCommit to participating actively and diligently in the SSC’s activities and discussions, and to coordinate with other NCSG representatives.If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your application to the Chair of the NCSG Policy Committee (mesumbeslin at gmail.com), copy (bruna.mrtns at gmail.com) and (maryam.bakoshi at icann.org) by 13th November.Your application should include all relevant details to demonstrate your experience with regards to applicant selection and evaluation processes, an updated statement of interest (SOI), and any other relevant information for the NCSG Policy Committee’s consideration.Cheers,Tomslin

-- Bruna Martins dos Santos Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos at boomartins
_______________________________________________NCSG-PC mailing listNCSG-PC at lists.ncsg.ishttps://lists.ncsg.is/mailman/listinfo/ncsg-pc