[NCSG-PC] NCSG liaisons/representatives to WG/Committees

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:32:19 EEST 2020

Hi all,

I want to follow-up with an idea discussed previously. Currently we are
trying to get updates from PDP WG and RT from either participants or
representatives in those teams. I double check their attendance prior to
monthly calls but still. I think we need to improve that by seeing how
others are managing that.

We have committees where we have representatives such as SSC, SCBO, so it
is expected to get updates and reports. Usually those committees are active
when there is taks coming from council so they can be quiet for a period of
time.
For WGs, some like CCWG as auctions proceeds has the idea of members and
participants, where members are representative of their group . GNSO
council might continue on its approach for the EPDP with having a
representational model and the charter there is clear about expectations
from the representatives in term of representing their groups and reporting
back.  We can also have representatives in the review teams and ask them
for updates too (it might not have representatives for some RT because the
appointment is from GNSO and the number of slots is limited).

We have the Subpro or RPM which are open membership and so people are
participating on their own capacity and not necessarily sharing NCSG
positions. For those we could have liaisons to keep us updated and ask
volunteers to do so.

I expect that in future, the GNSO council will go with the representational
model in most of the cases (e.g. for the IGO track at RPM, we will have to
appoint 3 members from NCSG) and so we will have to populate them with
representatives.

First step will be to update the existing wiki page (
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90769701) with all
the committees and representatives, reaching them out regarding the regular
updates and think based on GNSO work plan about filling the positions in
near future. NCSG PC has the remit to appoint representatives and we will
probably need to go with a call for interest as we did for EPDP .