[NCSG-PC] EPDP Membership Composition Options

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon May 28 01:52:26 EEST 2018

Hi,

thanks, Ayden for the document.
one problem with option 6 is that the council composition will change with
the election for the different groups. another issue is that doesn't take
into consideration the expertise expected for this topic and may put more
workload on the council. the council was more involved in policy doing
before but that was found problematic and that is why we got this
separation between policy making and policy management. Moreover, the
council leadership itself will change as Heather and Donna are term-limited
and we have no idea who will replace them.

I think most of the options take into account the composition issue and try
to resolve it based on the experience from RDS WG. I think the CCWG minus
(should be renamed as CCWG can be misleading) can be acceptable allowing us
to appoint our experts who can commit time and focus on the issue. I
understand we can argue about the number of representatives and the right
size for the group (what can be the right number for "small"?)but at the
end what matters is being consistent in term of participation from our side
and being strategical.
no idea what can be an option 7 and how much we can be creative. it may be
even counter-productive without knowing other SG/C reactions. Anyway,
everything is open for now.