[NCSG-PC] CCWG-IG motion amendments

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:54:28 EEST 2017

Hi Stephanie,

if you recall in Hyderabad, Council asked the working group to align itself
with the uniform framework for CCWG. the working group did a review of its
charter and amended following the framework model (using a charter
template). the amended charter was submitted in Copenhagen meeting.

several councilors are still not satisfied with that and the request now
with this motion is to suggest a new vehicle which is not CCWG but
responding to other requirements and improving accountability and reporting
mechanisms, also about submitting positions on behalf of the community and
how to come back to charter organizations.

The working group had a discussion of the matter and we think we can found
out a new structure having a cross-community structure but not necessarily
a CCWG. There is no model yet and the working group will be tasked to make
a proposal. GNSO created previously several structures such as standing
committee etc (a long list), so the CCWG-IG will end up a new one to the
GNSO structures fauna. basically, it will be like a CCWG, behaving as CCWG
but not having the name of CCWG...

to be more candid and more direct,  several groups within GNSO are
concerned that CCWG becomes more and more the model for any work including
PDP. you can see similar concerns about the subpro WG working track 5
on geonames.

ps I changed the permissions in the google doc, you should be able to
comment there