[NCSG-EC] FW: NCPH Councilors | Paul McGrady request

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 23:17:04 EET 2023

One alternative would be to issue the invitations on a case by case basis.
When we consider the agenda to not be sensitive he could join, otherwise
not.

My only concern is this: the presence of someone not affiliated with the
NCSG could result on some disturbances to our internal discussions.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 10:14 PM Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Representing NPOC in the EC and reviewing how sensitive this could turn
> out, please permit me to have this discussion with my EC in NPOC.
>
> However, in my personal opinion not wearing any cap, I share your
> sentiments and would want us to find a middle ground where we can have safe
> spaces for everyone to engage actively.
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2023, 2:57 PM Tomslin Samme-Nlar via NCSG-EC <
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>
>> Greetings all.
>>
>> When this was brought up for discussion during our January policy
>> meeting, there was collective agreement that we are happy to communicate
>> and engage with Paul about our policy positions prior to them being
>> discussed at the council; however, he should *NOT* be present during
>> internal NCSG debates of those policies. The rationale was that despite him
>> being an NCA councilor, he remains a member of IPC and therefore his
>> presence during internal debates will give members a sense that an
>> adversary is present and will impact the freedom and openness of the debate.
>>
>> If the EC has any concern about this decision, the PC and the EC could
>> jointly have a chat to clarify this.
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Tomslin
>> @LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/
>>

>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 at 10:43, Robin Gross via NCSG-EC <
>> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>>
>>> Fine with me.  Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Robin
>>>
>>> On Jan 19, 2023, at 2:48 PM, Andrea Glandon via NCSG-EC <
>>> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello leadership,
>>>
>>> Please see the request below and let me know if Paul should be added to
>>> future NCSG Membership/Policy invitations.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Andrea
>>>

>>> *From: *Terri Agnew <terri.agnew at icann.org>
>>> *Date: *Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 16:16
>>> *To: *Paul McGrady <mcgradygnso at gmail.com>, Andrea Glandon <
>>> andrea.glandon at icann.org>, Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org>
>>> *Cc: *"gnso-secs at icann.org" <gnso-secs at icann.org>
>>> *Subject: *NCPH Councilors | Paul McGrady request
>>>
>>> Dear Andrea and Brenda,
>>>
>>> Paul McGrady (on copy) is the GNSO Council NCA rep and is asking if he
>>> could get links/invites to where the non-contracted parties have their
>>> meetings times/zoom link, etc so he could start attending these meetings.
>>>
>>> Thank you for any help provided!
>>>
>>> Kindest regards,
>>>
>>> Terri

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Visiting Researcher (Gastwissenschaftlerin) | Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
für Sozialforschung (WZB) <https://wzb.eu/en>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype: