[NCSG-EC] NCSG EC Approvals

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:33:04 EEST 2022

Hello, all,

I'm honestly tired of the lack of civility but since someone on this thread
made a biased and false assumption that I was lying, I felt the urge to
come here in order to clarify that *one of the issues* was with the data on
the platform regarding our members and so on. (Especially because i
don't really understand the obsession with making false accusations or
offending me before getting to the very core of the issue and asking other
reliable sources such as staff)

Unfortunately we had some cases of members that reapplied instead of
changing their affiliation or even formally leaving NCSG and that was one
of the main issues. The membership platform also seems to not be updated in
a relevant amount of cases. But that also shines a light that we had
organizations applying to join the SG or one of the Cs when they already
have members here, on that note @Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>, id
suggest a very thorough membership review as one of the first acts for the
new chair because in the last years - especially during the 1st pandemic
year we had people leaving for different reasons and it would be nice to
have a better perspective of which organizations we could have as part of
our inreach strategies and so on.

ps. Thanks Tapani and Caleb for understanding the need for diligence and
reviewing the applicants. On this last round we had some interesting
phenomenon happening that was a LOT of applicants from one specific source
applying to join our SG without *any* clear reasons for doing so and some
of the applicants even had connections with the industry. So as much as it
might not make a lot of sense to some of us, its on the competences of the
EC to conduct a thorough review of the applications instead of just
allowing a lot of people in just to raise the numbers.

Best,
Bruna