[NCSG-EC] Base letter and procedure for seeking a replacement for Farzi.

U Of T stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 10 05:01:24 EET 2020

7.2c of the bylaws talks about it, but we have nothing specific in our charter to guide us in interpreting the rules.  Dual citizenship folks are free to choose, but people are so mobile these days, where are their principle residences?  Not always clear.....but if we are okay with letting them elect, then we are fine.  I am relying on Ed’s note and interpretation....nobody has argued with it then or now, as far as I dug in the archives.
I think the letter should simply restate our criteria, including best efforts for gender and regional balance.  I don’t want to re-debate these issues, unless the you folks in the EC say we should.
Given that we have two vacancies now, I would suggest that knowledge and experience (participation) are key factors.

Thanks for responding!
Steph

Sent from my iPhone