[NCSG-PC] Request for early input to SO/AC/SG/Cs - IDNs EPDP

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:56:26 EEST 2021

Dear members,

As you know, the Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs EPDP) has just begun
its work. For those not following it, this is the WG assigned the task to
develop policy recommendations on: 1) the definition of gTLDs and the
management of variant labels; and 2) how the IDN Implementation Guidelines,
which Contracted Parties are required to comply with, should be updated in
the future.

As a member of the WG myself, I can quickly update that the group has just
sent its proposed work schedule to the GNSO council for approval and have
started substantial deliberations on the first topic: Consistent definition
and technical utilization of Root Zone - Label Generation Rules (RZ-LGR).

Which brings me to the reason for my email. The WG is seeking early inputs
from the community as part of GNSO policy development requirements. Please
see the attached document for more details.

Best regards,
Tomslin