[NCSG-PC] New meeting request: NCSG/CPH Engagement on DNS Abuse

Juan Manuel Rojas jumaropi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 03:45:45 EEST 2021

Thanks both,
I agree with Tomslin proposal. I think we should move forward in order
to advance in our Task-Force to have at least a common definition about
what is DNS abuse for us. Maybe yourself as PC Chair, can lead us doing
that or maybe anyone who want to step-in to lead this effort.

I think all PC members should be part of this discussion.

Best Regards,
Juan

El 29/06/21 a las 4:14 p. m., Tomslin Samme-Nlar escribió:
> Thanks Bruna.
>
> I think we should meet them sometime. However, it seems this meeting
> being organised now will be a one-way update from them to us and we
> might not have the input they seek in the meeting since the actions we
> promised to do before we meet again, being (1) mapping other positions
> and working definitions of DNS abuse across the ICANN community; (2)
> start drafting a position paper: NCSGs DNS abuse working definition,
> concerns and process, have not been actioned yet. So we'll be going to
> the meeting, not having progressed from the place we were at the
> previous meeting. It doesn't sound like a very productive use of our
> limited time, especially if folks are required to wake up in the
> middle of the night.
>
> I suggest we make some progress on our side before we meet them again.
> To do this, I suggest we appoint a chair to the NCSG DNS Abuse
> Task-Force, so that we have someone responsible in driving progress on
> the two tasks above. If we are lucky, we might be able to have a
> position in a month and then meet with CPH.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Cheers,
> Tomslin
> @LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomslin/>
>

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 00:38, Bruna Martins dos Santos
> <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com <mailto:bruna.mrtns at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Heya,
>
>     Hope everyone is well! Keith and the CPH sent me an email a while
>     ago inquiring about a second meeting about DNS abuse. We still
>     have four available dates from the initially suggested ones: 6
>     July, 13 July, 20 July or 27 July and the meeting would be
>     scheduled at 1500 UTC.
>
>     I am writing, therefore, to know from you whether we would be
>     interested in going back to our interactions with their DNS abuse
>     group. Can you please reply to this email by Thursday, cob ?
>
>     ps. RrSG also issued a white paper about DNS abuse and registrant
>     protections that I'm adding to this email just so you can take a
>     look.
>
>     best,
>     Bruna

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS P.
Director - MINKA DIGITAL Colombia
GNSO Councilor - ICANN
Civil Soc. Rep - CODECTI  (Comité Departamental de Ciencia Tecnología e Innovación)
Master IT candidate, Universidad de los Andes
Registered Linux User No.533108.

Cel. +57 301 743 56 00
Instagram/Twitter: @JmanuRojas