[NCSG-PC] Input Required - Fellowship Program Mentor and Selection Committee Member

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 03:37:54 EET 2021

Dear PC,

There was a request for SOs/ACs to select their nominee for the fellowship
program mentor and a member for the fellowship program selection committee
by 31st January. See https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-11-16-en

It is in this regard that I am writing to let you know I'll be putting a
call out for volunteers. The following are some criteria and skills I
thought the right candidate should have. Can you please make any
suggestions/comments regarding this by *23:00 UTC on Thursday 7th January*
so that we can send out the call soon after?

*For the mentor:*

   - Active participant in GNSO structures and policy development processes
   with a track record of engagement
   - Understanding of the ICANN’s mission, structure, and multistakeholder
   model
   - Strong written and verbal communication skills
   - Project management and coordination skills
   - Networking skills
   - Ability to create a supportive atmosphere for mentees by being open,
   accessible, and approachable
   - Willingness to devote the necessary time and resources for the role
   - Robust network within the ICANN community and ability to leverage and
   share that network
   - Ability to present information in a manner that is simple and easy to
   understand
   - Ability to establish weekly projects and deliverables for mentees
   using a clear and consistent learning approach
   - Explanation of interest in serving as an NCSG nominated mentor and
   what the mentor will bring to the Fellowship Program if selected.

*For the selection committee member:*

   - Active participant in GNSO structures and policy development processes
   with a track record of engagement
   - Understanding of the ICANN’s mission, structure, and multistakeholder
   model
   - Strong written and verbal communication skills
   - Have some experience in candidates selection and review
   - Willingness to devote the necessary time and resources for the role
   - Explanation of interest in serving as an NCSG appointed Fellowship
   program selection committee member.

Cheers,