[NCSG-PC] Input Required - Fellowship Program Mentor and Selection Committee Member

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:34:44 EET 2021

You have nailed it Tomslin.

It is good to see adoption of the same criteria currently being used for
the selection process for the GNSO mentoring program.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 2:38 AM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear PC,
>
> There was a request for SOs/ACs to select their nominee for the fellowship
> program mentor and a member for the fellowship program selection committee
> by 31st January. See https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-11-16-en
>
> It is in this regard that I am writing to let you know I'll be putting a
> call out for volunteers. The following are some criteria and skills I
> thought the right candidate should have. Can you please make any
> suggestions/comments regarding this by *23:00 UTC on Thursday 7th January*
> so that we can send out the call soon after?
>
> *For the mentor:*
>
>    - Active participant in GNSO structures and policy development
>    processes with a track record of engagement
>    - Understanding of the ICANN’s mission, structure, and
>    multistakeholder model
>    - Strong written and verbal communication skills
>    - Project management and coordination skills
>    - Networking skills
>    - Ability to create a supportive atmosphere for mentees by being open,
>    accessible, and approachable
>    - Willingness to devote the necessary time and resources for the role
>    - Robust network within the ICANN community and ability to leverage
>    and share that network
>    - Ability to present information in a manner that is simple and easy
>    to understand
>    - Ability to establish weekly projects and deliverables for mentees
>    using a clear and consistent learning approach
>    - Explanation of interest in serving as an NCSG nominated mentor and
>    what the mentor will bring to the Fellowship Program if selected.
>
> *For the selection committee member:*
>
>    - Active participant in GNSO structures and policy development
>    processes with a track record of engagement
>    - Understanding of the ICANN’s mission, structure, and
>    multistakeholder model
>    - Strong written and verbal communication skills
>    - Have some experience in candidates selection and review
>    - Willingness to devote the necessary time and resources for the role
>    - Explanation of interest in serving as an NCSG appointed Fellowship
>    program selection committee member.
>

> Cheers,
> Tomslin

Best regards

*Taiwo Peter Akinremi*
 IT Manager/Advisory
*Phone*; +2348187476292, +2347063830177 *Skype*: akinremi.taiwo
*Email:* info at compsoftnet.com.ng *Website:* www.compsoftnet.com.ng