[NCSG-PC] PC-related tasks improvements

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:15:58 EET 2020

Thank you very much for sharing that, Farell! I am not sure if such new
procedures would have to go under a vote, but I will make sure to add my
comments to that.

Nice that you shared with the membership as well!

best,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 4:14 PM Farell FOLLY <farell at benin2point0.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Following our recent policy meeting held on 14th of December, I would like
> to share with you the following document
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLRUXMoLMPQrqF0rQdk3lnD7ZfKpDJS7-ED5G1IXMps/edit?usp=sharing> where
> you can put your thoughts and suggestions on the matter named in this
> e-mail’s subject. There is a brief notice at the beginning of the document
> that explains the purpose and what is expected.
>
> In sum:
>
> —>  given the very low and decreasing engagement of our membership, I was
> suggesting during the meeting that we should improve some of the ways we
> engage with them (members)  for policy-related tasks, especially for public
> comments drafting, documents archiving and materials sharing. This document
> gives the opportunity to all PC members to opine on this matter.
>
> —> Currently, most of the recurrent routines of the Policy Committee is to
> share information from other ICANN stakeholders to the members, leading and
> coordinate the drafting of public comments, liaise with and follow the WG
> PDPs, just to name a few.
>
> —> Therefore, a minimalistic list of areas of improvements could be: how
> we coordinate public comment draftings, how we share and manage information
> and resources.
>
> Although it is not very urgent, it would be good if people react on this
> asap or anytime before next year so that we can collect all opinions in
> order to make a decision.
>
> The document is available at:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLRUXMoLMPQrqF0rQdk3lnD7ZfKpDJS7-ED5G1IXMps/edit?usp=sharing
>

> All the best for Christmas and the season.
>

> @__f_f__
>
> Best regards

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos