[NCSG-PC] PC Chair election / Vice-chairs appointments

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:51:31 EEST 2020

Hi Olga,

thanks for the comments,

Le ven. 10 avr. 2020 à 01:52, Olga Kyryliuk <olga_kyryliuk at ukr.net> a
écrit :

> Hi Rafik,
>
> Thanks for putting this together. The procedure is clear and the deadlines
> seem totally doable. I have only one concern - what if a candidate for a
> chair position gets less than 2/3 votes but it is still the biggest number
> of votes? Shall we use instead majority of votes to define the result? But
> if it’s based on previous practice and didn’t raise any issue, then keep it
> as it is.

the 2/3 threshold provision is mentioned in the charter.  the practice at
least from GNSO OP side (e.g. GNSO chair election) if no candidate reach
the threshold, it is to run another round with the candidate having most of
the votes to run against NOTA. if that round doesn't end with the candidate
having 2/3  the a new election is required .that is in term of process and
procedure.

I would also suggest indicating term of service for both positions.

it is 1 year term. the charter doesn't mention any term limit.