[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [council] Update: Optional Meeting with GAC on IGO CRP

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 17:01:53 EEST 2019

This GAC situation has been very frustrating and I’ve been extremely vocal
already about it in several of our meetings. Can we make a decision about
our stance on this ASAP? What do we think is best for this WG? Maybe we
should consult with our members too about the situation?

I know we’ve talked about it on several of our policy calls, and we’ve
already discussed this several times, but we haven’t made a decision on a
pathway forward. Any thoughts?

Best,

Elsa
—

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 9:48 AM Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com>

> I am sure this will not be new for Council members but here is what
> was pushed by the Council and was able to get from this small meeting:
>
> -       Recommendations 1-4 are in Board hands and no one knows what will
> be
> the outcome or their decision: it is either rejection (sent back to
> Council) or adoption and then it becomes a consensus policy. We should
> not focus on this now.
>
> -       GAC seems to not be happy with what has been done so far (Rec #1 to
> #4) and I think they would give everything they can to have a say on
> these or even see the Board bring them back to Council for discussion.
>
> -       Agreed on chartering a new group to work on Rec #5, under the
> umbrella of RPMs WG, but with its full autonomy.
>
> -       With the experience of the EPDP in terms of WG composition,
> timeline
> as well as the flexibility and liability that comes with the PDP 3.0,
> GNSO Council should be able to lead this work.
>
> -       This new group should be formed of people with the right expertise
> and interest in the topic. Should be limited in number and be
> time-bound to deliver in a timely fashion. NCSG should start thinking
> about who we will send there.
>
> -       Start a small group to keep on discussing: formed with GAC members,
> interested IGOs and Council members, including Paul who is Council
> liaison to RPMs WG. When this is formed, NCSG needs to be there as
> well.
>
> This is purely procedural, I cannot report on the substance of the
> work done and what needs to be done since I am not following this WG
> closely.
>
> @Avri was in the room (from the Board side), maybe you can say something?
>
> Thanks,
> Arsene

> > Hi Rafik,
> >
> > I hate that I did not follow closely this discussion but since we need
> > someone to be there, I am planning to join and will let you know
> > anything I get from that informal meeting.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arsene

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> as I mentioned before I won't be able to attend that session as I will
> be
> >> chairing EPDP sessions.
> >> can someone volunteer who won't be at EPDP or another PDP session to
> >> attend
> >> and take notes. while it is about informal discussion, we need to note
> >> what
> >> was discussed and suggested there.
> >> the latest letter from the board is not bad with regard about following
> >> process by having the public comment for input and not initiating any
> >> facilitated dialogue yet.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Rafik

Elsa Saade