[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [council] Update: Optional Meeting with GAC on IGO CRP

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:48:47 EEST 2019

Hi all,

I am sure this will not be new for Council members but here is what
was pushed by the Council and was able to get from this small meeting:

-	Recommendations 1-4 are in Board hands and no one knows what will be
the outcome or their decision: it is either rejection (sent back to
Council) or adoption and then it becomes a consensus policy. We should
not focus on this now.

-	GAC seems to not be happy with what has been done so far (Rec #1 to
#4) and I think they would give everything they can to have a say on
these or even see the Board bring them back to Council for discussion.

-	Agreed on chartering a new group to work on Rec #5, under the
umbrella of RPMs WG, but with its full autonomy.

-	With the experience of the EPDP in terms of WG composition, timeline
as well as the flexibility and liability that comes with the PDP 3.0,
GNSO Council should be able to lead this work.

-	This new group should be formed of people with the right expertise
and interest in the topic. Should be limited in number and be
time-bound to deliver in a timely fashion. NCSG should start thinking
about who we will send there.

-	Start a small group to keep on discussing: formed with GAC members,
interested IGOs and Council members, including Paul who is Council
liaison to RPMs WG. When this is formed, NCSG needs to be there as
well.

This is purely procedural, I cannot report on the substance of the
work done and what needs to be done since I am not following this WG
closely.

@Avri was in the room (from the Board side), maybe you can say something?

Thanks,
Arsene