[NCSG-PC] Next NCSG Policy Calls

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Feb 17 09:27:38 EET 2019

I would like to know why there is an invitation for yet another Special Council Meeting in my inbox; why is Council leadership arranging these without asking us first, or at least surveying through a Doodle poll to see what date/time might work for members of the Council? It is highly disrespectful for these to arrive in our inboxes with the expectation that we will just attend, particularly when the date scheduled is when some (like myself) will be in the air traveling to Kobe. It isn't possible for all of us to drop everything and to attend all of these meetings. We seem to work to arbitrary deadlines that might help ICANN staff achieve their KPIs but these are having an undue burden on volunteers.

I am not taking this conversation to the Council list but I am raising it here as we have a member of Council leadership on this list. Please consult with us before scheduling special Council meetings. Personally, I am not satisfied with the level of communication between Council leadership and members of the Council in general, and if this does not improve, I will take the conversation there.

I would also like to know why the Council Leadership list has closed archives. Thank you.

Ayden