[NCSG-PC] Questions to Board

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 03:25:41 EEST 2018

Hi Farzaneh,

thanks for the questions.
no comment for me as I believe the issue remains the same on how to have a
real dialogue with the board. it is not just NCSG but even the council had
that issue lately and no question was proposed there.

I think we should also discuss what board proposed as topics about
priorities (tbh not so much to be said really as priorities are
impacted heavily by what we have as PDP or imposed like UAM ) and more
important about the ICANN PDP model :
"*How should ICANN's multisatkeholder model of governance and Policy
Development Process evolve to balance the increasing need for inclusivity,
accountability and transparency, with the imperative of getting our work
done and our policies developed in a more effective and timely manner, and
with the efficient utilization of ICANN’s resources?  *"

I am finding it concerning due to the ongoing discourse (by Goran, some
board members) and the current context, while I understand there is genuine
concern from several board members:
- focus on budget and presenting accountability and policy development as
costly while the later is definitely the main business of ICANN.
- rethinking the model because of some don't like the result. it may also
undermine more community-led efforts like the PDP 3.0.  Also based on
reviews discussion, I don't support Goran and staff getting involved in
this kind of discussion.

happy to bring this discussion to NCSG list later on.