[NCSG-PC] pragraph when re-submitting short and long term reviews

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:48:11 EEST 2018

Hi all,
I wrote this paragraph to be added as an introduction to the resubmission
of our comments. Please see below. Also I suggest Rafik share it with the
mailing list after receiving your comments tomorrow. we have to submit on
Friday.

we are re-submitting our comments on the short term and long term review.
We are surprised that the board (in OEC meeting)
<https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/minutes-oec-2018-08-10-en>
decided that there was not enough consensus on short and long term reviews
due to limited comments (a total of 9 but from two ACs (ALAC and SSAC)
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/report-comments-reviews-long-term-timeline-16aug18-en.pdf>
and
Supporting organizations (GNSO and CCNSO) and most of  GNSO stakeholder
groups and constituencies). The Board's decision to ask for more comments
despite the fact that clearly there was consensus among the submitted
comments puts a great strain on a community of volunteers with limited
time.  In parallel with the effectiveness of Policy Development Processes,
the Board should also consider how many issues it re-opens and instructs
the community to work on. We also ask the Board to clearly state its method
of gauging consensus when evaluating public comments. Otherwise, it can
arbitrarily re-open issues.

Farzaneh