[NCSG-PC] Fwd: High Interest Topics for ICANN64 — Need Your Input

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:46:31 EET 2018

Hey Steph,

No tangible thoughts yet, but I think the main problem might be that HIT
sessions have had a precedent of “reopening questions that had been
answered and dealt with” when it comes to community Q&A and that they could
be (for the lack of a better term) a loss of time for presenters who could
be doing policy work instead of a HIT session, especially when it came to
EPDP in the last session for instance.

Maybe a more interesting way to do HIT sessions would be multiple High
Interest Topic Summaries in the same amount of time that one HIT session
normally takes? Maybe I’m just being too optimistic here but it would kind
of be a reporting time for the community from the WGs and more of a
motivator for individuals or SGs/Cs to get engaged in the WG, or keep an
eye out on Public Comments concerning those topics, or at least signing up
to mailing lists and engaging if they find something problematic.

This might not make much sense, but that’s what I could think of at the top
of my burntout head!

Best,

E.
—