[NCSG-PC] Appointment of NCSG representative to PIR Advisory Council

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 23:43:40 EEST 2018

All,

It is time to issue a call for appointing an NCSG representative to the
Advisory Council of the PIR. I am representing NCSG currently. I will not
get involved with the process of issuing the call and assessing
applications since I will apply for the position.

NCSG does not have a formal procedure for this appointment, so I suggest
using NCUC operating procedure to carry this out.

Also note that PIR board has told us that NCSG should give them the slate
of candidates with a recommendation and then the board would nominate the
representative.

Here is the procedure, you can replace NCUC EC with NCSG PC, note that
since the PC does not select the final candidate you just need to decide
the candidate you want to recommend to the board:

4. PIR Representative:
a. Had served in a leadership position within the NCSG or NCUC in the past
(former or current GNSO Councillors, Chairs of NCUC, EC members,
NCUC-appointees, PC members).
b. Can provide a recommendation letter from an experienced member who
understands the role of the PIR Advisory Council Representative.
c. Has contributed and initiated meaningful discussion on the NCUC or NCSG
mailing lists.
d. Has demonstrated knowledge of, or interest in the work of, the Public
Interest Registry, and is willing to be an active participant in Public
Interest Registry discussions and debates.

C.Review and selection of candidates

1. NCUC EC will review all the candidates’ statements.

2. NCUC EC will evaluate each application based on qualifications.

3. Each NCUC EC member will provide justification as to why one candidate
is more qualified than other applicants. Candidates who are not selected
for the position shall be sent an email by the NCUC Chair informing them of
the EC’s decision. Upon request of the candidate(s), or where otherwise
appropriate, the Chair shall communicate to the applicant how they can
increase their chances of appointment in future rounds.

4. If the NCUC EC does not agree on a candidate, then a meeting shall be
arranged in due course to discuss and deliberate the candidates’
applications.

5. The deliberations about the candidates should be held confidentially but
the record should be kept by Chair may be provided.

6. The meeting will be held privately, but the notes, recording, and the
transcript should be kept for 2 years in case the EC decision is challenged.

Best
Farzaneh