[NCSG-PC] Draft comment on PTI and IANA budget

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:37:51 EET 2017

Hi all,

I am not very good at this so will avoid any substantive comment and will
also agree with what we will agree on as a group.

My feeling and quick reaction would be submit something (as a way to
encourage the volunteer who at least read the material and offered to
comment) and if at all possible, add more text on it to make a strong
comment.

I saw the few comments (discussion) on the doc and i have the impression
that these can be expanded (if anyone wants to) and be included in our
text, they can make it stronger and ready to be submitted. Also, i believe
we can just share our worries and feelings in form of questions or so which
might help our reader to think further on how to deal with this budget
question. I don't know whether this can be helpful than not submitting
anything at all. I understand we cannot ask for clarification because it is
too late.

Finally, if we decide not to submit this, may i request that we write to
the penholder and explain to him why we are not submitting this one and
offer him suggestions on how he could have done better? This will be more
encouraging to him and show him that he can step forward again for future
opportunities. I am sure our PC Chair will be able to do this.

Thanks,
Arsene

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)