[NCSG-PC] Open Public comments

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:25:08 EET 2017

Hi everyone,

>From the Public Comments page, I picked the 3 consultations that
seem relevant for us and we had some discussion about. this is kind of
planning for us to cover public comments:

   1. GNSO Initial Report on the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights
   Protection Mechanisms Policy Development Process, https://www.icann.
   org/public-comments/igo-ingo , deadline *1 Mar 2017 *
   2. At-Large Review: Draft Report,  https://www.icann.org/public-
   comments/atlarge-review-draft-report-2017-02-01-en
   <https://www.icann.org/public-comments/atlarge-review-draft-report-2017-02-01-en>,
   deadline *24 Mar 2017 *
   3. Recommendations to Improve ICANN's Transparency,
   https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-acct-draft-recs-2017-02-21-en
   <https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-acct-draft-recs-2017-02-21-en>
   , deadline *10 Apr 2017 *

the first consultation is quite close, less than 1 week and the topic is
important for us. We have an urgent need to get a volunteer to draft a
quick comment. I am wondering if Kathy can jump in here. In any case, as PC
we will have to act quickly if we get a statement to review.

for at-large review, I would like to volunteer Ayden since he followed the
discussion closely and read the report. @Ayden can you please start
drafting and share the document with the wider NCSG list for consultation?

for the last one, related to ICANN accountability work, it will be great to
have someone involved in the CCWG to take the lead here. Maybe Matthew?

while I am suggesting names among those in PC List, we can try to find
other members take the lead or help.

in term of planning for future public comments, we can follow upcoming
consultations here
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/upcoming-2012-02-25-en to get an idea
about what is coming (dates are of course tentative).

there is also this separate page about "operational" public comments
https://www.icann.org/public-comments-operational , something to follow
more closely.