[NCSG-PC] PIR new policy / NCSG position

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:35:47 EET 2017

Hi everyone,

I think you heard the topic about PIR new policy (and also DNA) in last
week at intersessional but also in other mailing lists. Some people
expressed interest in discussing it and it also within the issue we raised
many times about content regulation.

here some links for background:

   - http://www.internetcommerce.org/dna-unveils-hdi-with-copyright-udrp/
   -
   http://www.internetcommerce.org/ica-deeply-concerned-with-proposal-to-enable-domain-transfers-based-upon-copyright-claims/
   - http://domainincite.com/21532-angry-reactions-to-udrp-for-copyright
   -
   http://domainincite.com/21517-the-pirate-bay-likely-to-be-sunk-as-org-adopts-udrp-for-copyright
   -
   https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/02/healthy-domains-initiative-censorship-through-shadow-regulation

I understand that NCUC is planning to draft a statement on the topic. I
would like to discuss here and in order to avoid duplication of efforts, to
coordinate with NCUC statement and endorse it when ready.

Jeremy Malcolm of EFF shared this draft of letter they are planning to send
to ISOC
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IM8q7dLaavwOntQZpEzMtyZxLQjQbdDuLH0FE26fqQU/edit

looking for your opinion and how we should move forward.