[NCSG-PC] Update on GDPR

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 29 06:18:54 EEST 2017

I am sorry, I am swamped with School work.  However, I have read Ayden's
comment.  My own view is that while I like this approach, we need
balance.  This user type is "miscreant" .  We need to have some balance
to this, such as by providing a "consumer" profile.I have not thought
that one through, it is mostly a bogus claim that a consumer checks
whois to see if a person is operating a legit site.  Let us imagine a
few examples:  a web site for cancer survivors, household repair tips,
spiritual guidance tips, counselling for rape victims, etc.  In those
instances, if there is no personal infomration provided, how would a
consumer construe that?  WOuld they trust the website?  Frankly, I would
never go to WHOIS to determine whether to trust a website, but others
do,  We need to come up with a postion on this one....IMHO

cheers Steph