[NCSG-PC] Fwd: CSG Position on Board Seat 14

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Wed Apr 26 16:57:50 EEST 2017

Hello Tapani,

As time is running out, I concur with your suggestion.  +1

Poncelet

On 26 April 2017 at 13:54, Tapani Tarvainen <ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info>
wrote:

> Yeah we should've had a proper process with discussion
> and all, but time is running out - deadline is 3 May.
>
> Suggestion:
>
> Let's have a vote with Matt and Markus and NotA on ballot,
> NCPH councillors (CSG, NCSG & NCA) voting, starting ASAP,
> vote to end by 2 May, 8 votes required for election.
>
> Any objections if I propose that to CSG?
>
> As to your question: CSG councillors vote as per their constituencies'
> decisions, and you can see those positions in Greg's mail I forwarded.
>
> Tapani
>
> On Apr 26 08:45, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Here’s another observer who thinks such things should be done through a
> proper process entailing a) internal discussion and then b) vote.
> >
> > Question: do CSG Councilors just do whatever they like on this like us
> or are their positions agreed within their respective constituencies?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > > On Apr 26, 2017, at 00:39, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Rafik
> > >
> > > Observer speaking,  but wanted to revive this thread. I agree with you
> that we should go to formal vote and include the NCA.
> > >
> > > Farzaneh
> > >
> > > On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com
> <mailto:rafik.dammak at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > with the response from CSG about their nomination, we should move
> forward in this process:
> > > - we agreed previously to nominate Mathew and Markus as candidates
> from NCSG. I think we can confirm that and send the names to CSG.
> > > - we have to agree on the process for this time: running. I think we
> rejected before any kind of negotiation to agree on candidate and we
> insisted on having a vote anyway.
> > >
> > > copying here what was suggested from Greg:
> > >
> > > "1.  If it's possible for the NCSG to come up with a unified view on
> this topic, and if that view is the same as CSG, Matthew could be nominated
> by acclamation, without the need for a vote or a call.
> > > 2.  If that's not possible, then we can do either:
> > > (a) a call to either (i) see if a nomination can be resolved on the
> call, or (ii) to resolve the process from this point forward.
> > > (b) an election, but then we need to decide who is voting, and under
> what terms.
> > > "
> > > I don't see any harm to have a call but I think we should go to formal
> vote regardless of that and we need to include Julf as NCA to NCPH.
> > > agreeing on a long-term process seems unattainable goal but we still
> have to try to make it.
> > >
> > > comments and suggestions are welcome.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > Rafik

> <mailto:ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info>>:
> > > Congratulations, Matthew!
> > >
> > > ----- Forwarded message from Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com
> [...]

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240