[NCSG-PC] GNSO SSC Update

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Wed Apr 5 17:38:59 EEST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Just a brief on the process so far.  Today's meeting after voting based on
survey, a clear decision came out, top three will be automatically
selected, they are all women, and we have our own Stephanie Perrin in that
list.  Susan Kawaguchi recused herself, and she has been replaced by
another lady from the BC. Our highest scoring candidate for second level
going into the options being considered based on Q5 (top 4 to 7) which deal
with experience is Stefania Milan who is in the Top seven, our other NCSG
candidates could not be in the top 7 after weighted average considered from
all questions which neither me or Renata can influence alone, even if the
third slot was filled from NCSG.

Below is a break down of proceedings

Welcome

- As a reminder, the SSC operates by full consensus.
As the full group is not in attendance on today's call,
any outcomes of this call must be confirmed with the full group.

- For this nomination, staff has requested that this group
considers those candidates who have requested GNSO
endorsement. Therefore, only those seeking GNSO
endorsement are listed in the survey. The SSC may choose to
consider those candidates who requested endorsement from other SOs and ACs.

- The GNSO Council has asked SSC to provide recommendations in time for
the 20 April meeting. The document deadline for the
Council Meeting is 10 April. Once the GNSO Council
receives list of endorsed candidates, they must
consider the nominations and can choose to adopt them. The adopted
list of candidates then goes to the SOs and ACs for
consideration. The 25 April deadline is for candidates to
be nominated from the different SOs and ACs.

- If it is not possible to make these deadlines, the
group may want to provide a rationale for requesting additional time.

- The top three candidates automatically get a seat on
the Review Team. The group may want to provide a ranking
for candidates 4 through 7.

- While the top three candidates are guaranteed slots, the others may also
be considered, weighing for diversity and other considerations.

2. Review Survey Results

- Survey results are based on scores to the following questions:

-- Question 3: Based on the candidate's materials or your
own personal experience, does the candidate appear to
qualify as a GNSO endorsed candidate?

-- Question 4: Does the candidate's application
clearly demonstrate that the candidate has the necessary
expertise and competence to do the work?

-- Question 5: Based on your assessment of the responsibilities, skills,
expertise and desired attributes as outlined in the
call for volunteers, please rank these candidates in
order of preference (1 being most preferred candidate, 14
being the least preferred candidate)

3. Confirm Next Steps & next meeting (if needed)

- Suggestion: Put aside the top 3, as these are the clear
top choices. Continue the conversation on ranking candidates 4 through 7 on
this call, share on the mailing list to continue the
conversation. If no consensus on the mailing list is
reached, leverage the next scheduled meeting to work towards consensus.

- Candidates 1-3: Susan Kawaguchi, Erika Mann, Stephanie Perrin

- Candidates 4-7: 4) Volker Greimann, 5) Marc Anderson, 6)
 Stefania Milan, 7) Timothy Chen

- Staff will send out notes, recordings, and summary email
about the outcome of this call.

- A call is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow. We will go ahead with this
call unless there is clear agreement that there is no
need to go ahead with this call. Staff will circulate a
Doodle poll and will make a determination about whether
to have a call by 13:00 UTC tomorrow. An additional call
is scheduled for Monday in case further discussion is needed.

- Staff will work on a draft motion in parallel.

Will look forward to your suggestions as we move ahead with the next
selections process.  Renata was not at the call today but her inputs on 4
to 7 selection process will definitely come in. I have attached the
breakdown of all weighted score so you all see how things transpired.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

--
Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS