[NCSG-EC] [NCSG-PC] ICANN76 Board Questions/Topics

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Fri Feb 17 18:28:19 EET 2023

Hi again Rafik,

> It looks like agile is translated as bypassing processes or undermining
> in practice the role of GNSO or weakening consensus-based approach for
> sake of getting quick results.

Indeed. And just like in software development, it carries a connotation
of "surely you can't be one of those bureaucratical
stick-to-the-procedures dinosaurs who stand in the way of
solving problems".

> The GNSO council is continuously
> having this topic of policy process improvements and I don't really
> believe that is the role of the ICANN board to be involved.

Indeed, but it is soooo easy to give in to the constant "haven't you
gotten this solved yet?" pressure.

	Julf