[NCSG-EC] [NCSG-PC] ICANN76 Board Questions/Topics

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:12:12 EET 2023

Hi Julf,

I have a feeling of deja-vu as it seems like rehashing the idea of
Multistakeholder model effectiveness that was launched in the Barcelona
meeting.
I have a concern about appropriating the term agile approach which comes
from the software engineering space and it is related to a different
context than ICANN.
It looks like agile is translated as bypassing processes or undermining in
practice the role of GNSO or weakening consensus-based approach for sake of
getting quick results. GNSO council is delegating a lot to small teams and
there are some concerns that can disengage councillors from participating
actively in all discussions and make amendments to small team deliverables
more challenging. The GNSO council is continuously having this topic of
policy process improvements and I don't really believe that is the role of
the ICANN board to be involved.