[NCSG-EC] Follow up discussion on list standards of behaviour

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 9 22:59:36 EET 2019

It is a good list Raphael, but as I said in the meeting, it is going to be so hard to keep people from immediately saying that including this item is intended to criticize them. However, I think we are okay to go with this.

I am going to send a cheery good news wrap up of the ICANN 66, which I will vet to you guys.  I am going to comment on the meeting, that it was rather raucous and difficult for me to chair.  There was widespread reject of the concept of an ethics code, with the group favouring a list of issues insteand.  REcent disagreements surfaced at the meeting and the EC has decided that it might be fruitful, in order to make the meetings and the discussion list a more positive place to exchange views, to describe the kind of discourse that we think is unacceptable, and that the Chair will be empowered to act in future.

Then we fill out your list.  I will draft all this up.  Somehow we have to indicate that this covers named ad-hominem attacks, as well as those where innuendo might be logically inferred, regarding a particular individual.  Ok?

I still think I have the right to point out that only one EC member showed up for Bruna's meeting and that is unacceptable, without those members indicating they were slandered. The Chair is on thin ice here, I hope I have your support.

cheers Steph