[NCSG-EC] Call with Wapix this week re priorities

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 8 02:47:46 EEST 2019

Thanks Raphael, Comments inline.

Steph

On 2019-04-07 19:05, Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix via NCSG-EC wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to schedule a call this week with Wapix in order to inform them of our priorities list with regards to the currently outstanding issues we have with our membership database and management software. We still have some development time to use.

I would suggest moving forward with the following order of priorities:

  1.  Configuring an automated email reminder to EC members every two weeks when there are pending membership applications (let us say, every 2 weeks)

good idea

  1.  Cleaning the front end of useless information and changing what we have now into a four column layout: name, SOI, who (among EC folks) has not evaluated yet and an "evaluation" link to the form where we (EC folks) put our evaluation of the members.

yup

  1.  A new system to track RFIs, so that we could see both the RFI and eventually the answer of that person in the evaluation form (but not directly on the main front end page with pending members, to keep that one as clean as possible). This new system would dispense Maryam of copy-pasting everything manually

Good idea, but how complicated would that be to program?

  1.  Resolving a display issue when a voter's list is pulled out through the backend. This is entirely a backend thing, but I understand that it is quite inconvenient when holding the elections.

no idea

  1.  Ensuring that the current existing "relations" (a CIVI term) between "individual" and "organisation" contacts reflects the reality of how NCSG/NCUC/NPOC are actually structured (and how certain individuals may have several hats, etc.). This is especially important in the context of elections.

Yes, and I must say, people must pick a horse.  I don't think we should be letting people vote multiple times.
Let me know if you have suggestions, comments, edits, or another vision of our priorities and if you would be interested in joining the call (who knows ;))

Maryam, I will probably need your assistance when we get to 4 and 5, so that I understand correctly the problem and the desired solution; I will be in touch with you when the time comes.

Have a nice week!

Raphael