[NCSG-EC] pending NCSG membership applications

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:12:29 EEST 2018

Hi all

This problem was sorted out today and back to a month ago when it was
resolved. The only way to resolve issues is to monitor the system and
report them .  If you see issues, you should contact the chair, Maryam and
your rep on the tech team, they have access to all the materials and can
report problems. Fortunately, our system is rock solid now, with ways to
resolve issues fast, have monthly updates on the service and what needs to
be done. We won't lose data. We now need to start working on issues that
relate to UX and making the system more automatic and more accurate. The
problem we encountered was that apparently the front form was disconnected
from the backend form. So Robin's comments are all saved. So nothing
serious and she doesn't have to redo them.

 Please note that I have constantly been reporting a lot of issues to our
CIVI team (the company) and been reporting back to NCSG Tech Team. It is
very time consuming but I had to save the day as the chair.    I don't
think the future chair should be involved with the technical part of this,
it is overwhelmingly time consuming. I have also told the finance committee
that I am paying the service monthly subscription out of my pocket (around
550 USD) despite being reimbursed by ICANN almost on monthly basis I cannot
do this for long. It is essential for us to keep this service so someone
has to take responsibility for the payment and get reimbursed until NCSG
creates a bank account. The NCUC treasurer won't be doing it out of NCUC
funds (to be reimbursed by ICANN later), he said it will cause NCUC
trouble. ( this is what we did beforehand). So please ask the FC and
yourself to come up with a plan until January 2019 the latest.

Someone in the tech team is interested to help. But we need to give them
restricted access. I will train that person and hopefully, he can help but
essentially I think EC members should really step up and help with the
system but of course I don't think anyone would be willing to pay out of
pocket and be reimbursed later so you need to sort it out by Jan.

I also refreshed the new membership list because we had approved many
before but for some reason they remained on the list. So that is sorted.

 we only have two to approve: ANETIC' Niger association for emergency of
ICT",
Harsh Ghildiyal  ( this application only needs Monika and Juan approval the
rest of us treated them)

So all  should  go to the membership application evaluation, evaluate ANETIC

Juan and Moniak, please evaluate Harsh.

Farzaneh