[NCSG-EC] NCSG membership application evaluation

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:21:02 EET 2018

Hello all,

Sorry I have to get involved once more just as a suggestion and sharing my
experience.

Robin suggested to Stephanie:

<As for the pending membership applications, I’d suggest you give us a
deadline of a week or two to individually vote on them, and that we also
have a call to discuss any concerns with the applications and any other
business we need to take care of in the next couple of weeks.>

I had briefed Steph on how we evaluated the applications. I do not suggest
discussing concerns about membership applications on a call. These comments
and feedback have to be documented in CIVICRM for the record and it is
extremely difficult to go over calls transcripts and extract what has been
said about them.The chair will get into trouble if asked why an application
was rejected and does not have documented response in CIVI.  Discussing
applications on calls in the past ended up in not having documented reasons
in CIVI for rejection or asking for the request for more information. I
worked hard on making CIVI work again. Please use it. [Stephanie you have
access to CIVI now and can look around. I can arrange a training for you
with WAPIX so that they tell you the technical matter]

We have guidelines for reviewing applicants:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Operating+Procedures#OperatingProcedures-390467708

You can also have a look at how things been done in the past in CIVI.

As to deadline for evaluation of applicants, I really think NCSG EC members
should also be notified when a new application has been received and
evaluated on weekly basis. I am looking into setting up reminders through
Civi but really I don't think hard deadlines worked in the past. so
please just check CIVI every week and see what you should do. If you agree,
please ask Maryam to add you to receive the notification.

Stephanie, one thing that I think should be done and we already mentioned
is to pick a fixed time to have the meeting with NCSG EC every month or
every two month as you see necessary. For example, you can say every last
Wednesday of the month you can meet at a certain time that is more or less
convenient for all. We had to do a time rotation sometimes because of the
problem with very different time zones. Up to you.

I am going to slowly fade away so don't worry about me getting too
involved. All just suggestions. At some point when Steph is caught up I
think we should unsubscribe me from here.

Best