[NCSG-EC] Selecting the third seat for Kobe

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:03:26 EET 2018

It makes no sense that NCUC rep on NCSG EC go to Kobe if they are going to
be replaced. Travel allocation has to wait until NCUC EC decides what they
want to do. If NCSG EC members dont get   Reps need to re apply annually
and the cycle should not be broken. When the new chair is elected or re
elected as soon possible ncuc has to either do a re appointment or even
better issue the call for position.
Don't worry the travel slot won't go to waste.

Bruna please look after this with your EC. Either re appoint Monika and
Robin for another year,or issue a call for the psition which is the better
approach).

PS. I have no intention of applying for NCUC representative on NCSG EC.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 2:35 PM Robin Gross via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Hi Stephanie,
>
> The way the travel support for EC has gone in the past is for the chair to
> take one travel slot and then one slot goes to one of the NCUC
> representatives in the NCSG EC, and the other travel slot goes to the one
> of the NPOC representatives on the NCSG EC.
>
> As for the allocation to the NCUC reps to NCSG EC (Monika and myself), we
> typically rotate the slot between the two of us although sometimes we swap
> meetings when it works better with our schedules.  I believe NPOC does a
> similar type of rotation for its NCSG EC travel slot, although Raoul and
> Juan can say for sure if that is how they choose to allocate their slot
> between them.
>
> Now that NCUC just had its election and has a new chair and EC, NCUC may
> choose to select new representatives to the NCSG EC in the coming weeks, so
> we really aren’t sure if we will still be on the NCSG EC in Kobe at this
> point.  I suggest we reach out to the new NCUC Chair and ask if NCUC will
> be making new NCSG EC appointments or if we should continue with Monika and
> I as EC representatives.  Another possibility is for us to continue on for
> Kobe, but with NCUC replacing us after the Kobe travel allocations since it
> could take some time to make those replacements and ICANN wants names of
> travelers last week.  In any event we should talk with the new NCUC chair
> about how NCUC will want to staff the NCSG EC in the next year.
>
> As for the pending membership applications, I’d suggest you give us a
> deadline of a week or two to individually vote on them, and that we also
> have a call to discuss any concerns with the applications and any other
> business we need to take care of in the next couple of weeks.
>
> Thanks,
> Robin
>

> On Nov 7, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Stephanie Perrin via NCSG-EC <
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>
> Hi folks, we have a few chores to look after.  First, we need a name for
> the third travel slot for Kobe, preferably today.  Thoughts?  I understand
> Robin went last time.   Please let me know, I am getting pressure to name
> that person
>
> Second we have two membership applications to process.  Shall we arrange a
> call cand get this done?  thanks folks.
>
> Cheers Stephanie

Farzaneh