[NCSG-EC] Non attendance of NCSG EC calls and carrying out EC tasks

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:02:37 EEST 2018

Dear all,

We have many tasks to do during my term and this is on top of my tasks in
PC. And unfortunately, you are not active at all. I only had Robin attend
the NCSG EC call today. This was only the second call since I took the
position as Chair.

We live in various parts of the world and follow the ICANN rule that each
time we need to rotate the time slot so that everyone suffers equally. This
means that calls might be scheduled at your 6 am or 1 am. That is no excuse
not to attend the call.

Also I would not like Maryam to send more than two reminders to evaluate
applications. We really are not here to send reminders for the tasks.

It is ok to send apologies but at least you need to respond and send the
apology. You are a part of EC and get NCSG travel support to carry out
tasks, if you do not do so, then you need to step down and allow other
members that are willing to carry out EC tasks to be appointed.

We will come up with a document that will have EC responsibility and
remedies for inactivity of EC members. I will also suggest a term limit in
appointments.

Best regards,

Farzaneh