[NCSG-EC] An ALAC appointed alternate to EPDP on our NCSG EPDP mailing list

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:35:18 EEST 2018

Dear all,

An ALAC appointed alternate to EPDP who is also an NCSG member has joined
the NCSG EPDP mailing list. This is wrong and clear conflict of interest.
It is also not the first time we see such actions from this member.

I am going to send the below email to the person and ask to unsubscribe.

***

I have noticed that you have joined the NCSG EPDP mailing list. We don't
think that an appointed alternate to EPDP team representing ALAC should be
able to observe and consequently interfere in our internal discussions and
strategies on the mailing list especially when they are representing
another group on the same team. We provide periodic updates to our members;
you can be informed that way.

It can be seen as “gaming the system” to advocate in two different SO/ACs
on an issue at the same time.  It isn’t fair to our members to allow people
to “double dip” in policy discussions like this.

You repeatedly ignore the conflict of interest that some of your actions
might cause at NCSG. We have other former ALAC leaders who are NCSG
members, and they are mindful of the differences and conflict of interest.
We kindly ask you to adopt a similar approach and voluntarily leave the
NCSG-EPDP mailing list.

Farzaneh