[NCSG-EC] Procedural errors

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Mon Jul 31 18:24:06 EEST 2017

Hi Tapani, All

I am responding to this email, because I was part of the meeting on
Friday.  I support Tatiana as replacement instead of alternate.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Tapani Tarvainen via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Staff has pointed out that we made a procedural error in our Friday
> meeting:
> two decisions that are in conflict with each other, both cannot be let
> stand.
>
> Specifically, like proxy, temporary alternate can only be appointed for
> a councillor who's formally still in office. When a councillor resigns,
> proxy assignments and temporary alternate appointments are nullified,
> and a temporary replacement (different from alternate) should be appointed.
> So if we deem Ed to have resigned, Tatiana's appointment is void.
>
> This should not be hard to fix, but as time is short, I am going to let
> Tatiana's appointment stand as it is and set our decision regarding Ed
> aside, or rather consider the latter to be mere discussion.
>
> The practical reason for this is obviously the need to have Tatiana
> in council for the vote tomorrow and we don't have time to make new
> decisions before then.
>
> There's also the formal point that member removal is a significant
> decision, especially so when circumstances are unusual like now, and
> non-trivial decisions should not be made as last-minute AOB items.
>
> This should not be too hard to do properly, especially if we can agree
> on the list about Ed's status and replacement (changing Tatiana's
> status from alternate to replacement), or otherwise let's put it on
> next meeting agenda.
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

Joan Kerr,

Social Entrepreneur, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: Agricultural Track, IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit