[NCSG-EC] Fwd: ICANN79 Block Schedule

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Mon Dec 11 15:47:30 EET 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] Updated ICANN79 Block
Schedule
Date: 	Sun, 10 Dec 2023 10:43:58 +0000
From: 	Mary Wong via SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning
<soac-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org>
To: 	SOAC-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org
<SOAC-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org>
CC: 	team-leaders at icann.org <team-leaders at icann.org>

Dear community leaders and colleagues,

Thank you for your time and for attending the ICANN79 kickoff planning
call last week. The internal org team has met to discuss all the
feedback that you kindly provided on ICANN78 as well as your suggestions
for ensuring that the ICANN79 schedule remains as flexible as possible
while accommodating a number of different needs and requests. Please
find attached an updated ICANN79 block schedule for your use with your
staff support teams in planning and scheduling your sessions as well as
bilateral meetings and cross-community work sessions for ICANN79.

You will see that the major change we made from the version you saw on
the kickoff planning call is to shorten the final break of each day of
the meeting. Please be assured that we definitely considered going to
2-hour sessions, but that would have created tremendous difficulties for
our Meetings, Technical, Language Services and Policy staff support
teams (among other challenges). With thanks, therefore, to our Meetings
Technical Services colleagues who have confirmed that we can shave 15
minutes off the last daily break, we hope that this will allow those
groups that wish to meet for longer than 75 or 90 minutes to schedule
accordingly and with minimal disruption.

This updated version also lists the org-led sessions for which we have
received requests to date. In this regard, ICANN org will continue to
rely on Prep Week and other channels and mediums to provide the
community with timely updates on key projects of broad community
interest, thus minimizing conflicts between org-led and community
sessions at an ICANN Public Meeting and ensuring, as much as feasible,
that the in-person/hybrid engagements are focused on live interactions
on timely topics.

Thanks and cheers

Mary (on behalf of Nathalie, Kim, Josh, Ted, Tanzanica and the internal
org meetings coordination/scheduling team)