[NCSG-EC] Fwd: REMINDER | GNSO Chair 2023 Election Timeline

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Mon Aug 14 15:45:00 EEST 2023

Do we issue a call for candidates, or do we just come up with a
couple of suggestions?

	Julf

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	REMINDER | GNSO Chair 2023 Election Timeline
Date: 	Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:20:22 +0000
From: 	Terri Agnew <terri.agnew at icann.org>
To: 	Lori Schulman <lschulman at inta.org>, philippe.fouquart at orange.com
<philippe.fouquart at orange.com>, Johan Helsingius <julf at Julf.com>, Raoul
Plommer <plommer at gmail.com>, Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>,
Cole, Mason (Perkins Coie) <MCole at perkinscoie.com>
CC: 	Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org>, gnso-secs at icann.org
<gnso-secs at icann.org>, Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>

***REMINDER*

Dear Non Contracted Party House Chairs,

Please see below the GNSO Chair election timeline for the 2023 GNSO
Chair election. We are sharing ahead of the announcement deadline in
order to allow for more flexible election scheduling.

*Deadlines***

*Activity Commences:***

*20 April 2023***

Announce Proposed Procedure and Timeline

*23 June 2023 (ICANN78 funded traveler name submission deadline)***

NomCom Selectees Announced

SG/C New Council Members Announced

House Nominee Selection

*25 September 2023***

Houses Submit Nominees

*07 October 2023***

Candidates Submit Statements

*22 October 2023*

Candidate Meetings

*25 October 2023***

Election Held at Annual General Meeting

*27 October 2023***

Council informs the Board & Community and posts election results on the
GNSO website

Traditionally the timeline is built in keeping with GNSO Operating
Procedures guidelines, but with the funded traveler submission deadline
now being 120 days prior to the meeting (instead of 90 days), we have
had to adapt the first two steps of the timeline. This now fits in with
the _23 June 2023_ as submission deadline for funded traveler names for
ICANN78.

The remaining steps however are in keeping with the GNSO Operating
Procedures, counting back from the election date.

Thank you,

Terri