[NCSG-EC] Fwd: NCPH Day Zero Request

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Fri Aug 11 17:47:22 EEST 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	NCPH Day Zero Request
Date: 	Fri, 11 Aug 2023 14:02:45 +0000
From: 	Sally Costerton <sally.costerton at icann.org>
To: 	julf at julf.com <julf at julf.com>, mcole at perkinscoie.com
<mcole at perkinscoie.com>
CC: 	David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>, Carlos Reyes
<carlos.reyes at icann.org>, Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>,
Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org>

Dear Julf and Mason,

Thank you for the thoughtful proposal for an NCPH day zero workshop
before the ICANN78 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg, Germany.

My team and I reviewed the proposal. It is an ambitious agenda with
substantive topics, and progress on those matters would benefit both the
CSG and NCSG, the NCPH as a whole, the GNSO, and all of ICANN. This is
especially true since it has been five years since the last NCPH convening.

ICANN org is committed to promoting an effective ICANN community, and we
want to foster better CSG and NCSG relations. Therefore, ICANN org is
supporting this request. A day zero workshop for 24 already supported
travelers from the NCPH is a prudent use of ICANN resources.

Carlos and his team are coordinating with the Meetings and Travel
Support teams on the arrangements and will be in touch with you to
assist your planning efforts. We wish you a productive day zero workshop
and look forward to a report of the outcomes.

Best,
Sally