[NCSG-PC] Fwd: Request for Early Input - GNSO Transfer Policy Review PDP

Juan Manuel Rojas jumaropi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 23:42:28 EET 2023

Dear Julf and all,
Those questions were the same were discussed on the last WG meeting. It is important to say that WG is now discussing about TEAC (Transfer Emergency Action Contact) and the call for input is to have the view from diverse opinions on this regard. In the meeting was made in survey mode. As far I understand this process is related to when the registrars need contact the registrant of a domain been transfered.

My answer on the survey questions were:
1.Is additional data needed to support evaluation of the effectiveness of the TEAC mechanism?
As I said it was in survey mode inside Zoom room, there's no many information about the effectiveness of TEAC mechanism, so I answered YES. The next question is What data is needed? It wasn't on the survey what it was made, so here my answer is related to assess the mechanism, but I do not have more information
2. The time frame for registrants respond to communicatoins via TEAC channel, according with Status Quo said is 4 hours. So here my answer it was to let a window for at least 24 hours to respond. Here is important note that the time zone differences could be significant. And also the registrars will have to implement mechanisms to receive requests coming in other languagues than English.

3. This question is similar to previous.

4. This question it was not on the survey made either. But I think about "Communications to a TEAC must be initiated in a timely manner". In order to being able to react if an small organization doesn't want to lose its domain I think a reasonable period of time would be a year later or let, at least, after renovation window (if apply) to use the dispute resolution process.

 5. According to the survey this question is about the means of communication "the TEAC may be designated as a telephone number, and therefore some TEAC communications may take place by phone". Here my answer was directed that the contact should be made through e-mail also due to the fact that sometimes the phone is not enough to contact an organization or even their representative on this issues.

Those were some of the question discussed on the last WG meeting, I think these answers can be helpful if anyone wants to add or amplify some of them.

Best Regards,

JUAN MANUEL ROJAS P.
Director - MINKA DIGITAL ColombiaNPOC Policy Chair - NCSG/GNSO
Master IT candidate, UNAD
Registered Linux User No.533108.

Cel. +57 301 743 56 00
Instagram/Twitter: @JmanuRojas