[NCSG-PC] Request for Volunteer: Planning Prioritization Framework Pilot

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:57:38 EET 2022

Dear everyone,

We are urgently seeking a volunteer to participate in the proposed Planning
Prioritization Framework Pilot intended to pilot a community led
prioritization step in ICANN Org's annual planning process. The pilot will
run for about a month, I think.

Read below for more details. If you are interested, please let me and Bruna
(bruna.mrtns at gmail.com) know.

Regards,
Tomslin

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I am writing to follow up on ICANN org’s Planning Team update to the SOAC
Chairs on 14 February, where ICANN org requested that the community
consider participating in the proposed Planning Prioritization Framework
Pilot next month (March 2022). For your reference, I attach the
presentation that was shared with the SOAC Chairs and ask that you review
the request from ICANN org’s Planning Team (further detailed below).

We understand that the request came at a very busy time for the community,
especially in the run up to ICANN73. Given, however, that the pilot will
focus on those Specific Review recommendations that are pending
implementation and is anticipated to be a limited project that will
conclude by April, we hope that each of the nine groups noted below will be
able to propose at least one primary representative to participate in the
pilot. This will allow the results of the pilot to inform the development
of the next iteration of the Prioritization Framework and resource
documentation in time for the FY23 planning cycle. We thank those groups
that have already let us know the name(s) of their primary and alternate
representative.

Best regards,

Mary (on behalf of ICANN org’s Planning Team)

*MESSAGE FROM ICANN ORG’S PLANNING TEAM:*

As a follow up to the 14 February presentation from Org’s Planning team to
the SOAC Chairs on the Planning Prioritization Framework Project, we wanted
to share with you the presentation materials and ask you to nominate 1
member and (if you wish, to cover in case of conflicts) 1 alternate member
from your group to participate in the Planning Prioritization pilot as soon
as feasible.   As noted to the SOAC Chairs, we are asking for nomination(s)
by end-February to allow the pilot to be conducted in March.

Project accomplishments to date:

   - From May 2021 through January 2022 org planning consulted with the
   SO/ACs and held public webinars to obtain feedback on the planning
   prioritization framework design elements.
      - Org held a total of 17 consultations: 5 Project Overview &
      Introduction webinars and 12 workshop consultations
         - Org received a significant amount of support to put in place a
         Community led prioritization step in the annual planning process.
         - In addition, org received support to run a hands-on pilot to
         test out the process and to further develop the framework.
      - Based on the Community feedback received, org developed a Version 1
   proposed Framework that will be published by the end of February 2022.
   - Org designed the project plan for the Pilot to be run in March 2022
   with conclusions from the pilot to be published in April/May 2022.

In order to conduct the Pilot, Org is requesting that each of the SO/AC
leaders nominate 1 member and 1 backup member (in case of conflicts) from
your organization as follows:

   1. ASO- Address Supporting Organization
               2. ALAC- At-Large Advisory Committee
               3. GNSO/CSG - Commercial Stakeholder Group
               4. GNSO/CPH - Contracted Party House
               5. GNSO/NCSG - Noncommercial Stakeholder Group
               6. ccNSO - Country Code Names Supporting Organization
               7. GAC - Governmental Advisory Committee
               8. RSSAC - Root Server System Advisory Committee
               9. SSAC - Security and Stability Advisory Committee

Please email the name of the members that you have nominated to Becky
Nash (email becky.nash at icann.org) and Xavier Calvez (email
xavier.calvez at icann.org)

Thank you in advance for your support for this project and we look forward
to your response.