[NCSG-PC] GNSO SSC - Naveed and Raymond

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:58:25 EEST 2021

Dear PC,

As you know, the GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC) is due for refresh
as they do annually after the AGM. *Naveed Bin Rais* and *Raymond Mamattah*,
two of our current representatives to the SSC, both of whom have been
selected by the NomCom to serve as ALAC members representing their regions
at the end of ICANN72 are also both eligible to serve a second term as NCSG
appointed members to the GNSO SSC and are willing to.

My question to you is, do you think their situation poses any conflict of
interest to NCSG, noting that I can't recall any specific provision in our
charter which prevents them from serving in both roles.

Please let me know.

Cheers,