[NCSG-PC] Policy Committee Chair - Call for Interest and election details

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 02:19:55 EET 2020

Dear all,

Thanks Bruna for the announcement and kick-starting this process.

I am hereby submitting a self nomination and my expression of interest is
below:

As an NCSG member keen to see the group's policy work in ICANN not only
continue to grow but also improve, I think the job of a policy chair is an
important one. Especially during this season where we report very low
participation from members in policy work and when the group itself is
considering how it should evolve.

I would like to work with the PC members and the NCSG chairs, together with
the membership in general to improve members' policy participation and
therefore our quality of policy output.

I do have experience chairing a group of stakeholders with diverse views,
as co-chair of the IANA Naming Function Review Team, including owning the
managment responsibility of ensuring the group delivers its mandate on
time, on budget and with quality. Skills I believe will be handy and
necessary to make this job a little bit easier, if nothing else.

I look forward to working with you all if elected.

Cheers,
Tomslin