[NCSG-PC] [Draft] Application for GNSO Standing Selection Committee

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 02:45:23 EET 2020

Dear team,

Here is a draft for the call for volunteers to the GNSO SSC which I hope to
send out to the membership list as a matter of urgency, since the deadline
for that selection is this Friday 13th November I believe.

Please let me know asap if you have any objections to it.

Dear Members,

You will recall that NCSG has 3 representatives on the GNSO Council
Standing Selection Committee (SSC) which is tasked with helping the GNSO
Council make appointments to review teams and other important positions.
You can find more details about its mission and role here
<https://community.icann.org/display/GSSC/2.+Charter>.

You will also recall that in August, we filled one slot which was vacant
after the resignation of one of the NCSG representatives. We now have 2
more slots to fill since two of our current representatives to this
committee are term limited.

This is therefore a call for volunteers in that regard. We have only upto
this Friday 13th of November to fill the seats, so I urge anyone who would
like to volunteer to please send through their applications as soon as
possible.

Candidates should:

   1.

   Be familiar with the GNSO, the GNSO Council, and with the positions to
   be filled by the SSC;
   2.

   Have some experience in candidates selection and review, in nominating
   committee or any similar structure; and
   3.

   Commit to participating actively and diligently in the SSC’s activities
   and discussions, and to coordinate with other NCSG representatives.

If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your application to
the Chair of the NCSG Policy Committee (mesumbeslin at gmail.com), copy (
bruna.mrtns at gmail.com) and (maryam.bakoshi at icann.org) by 13th November.

Your application should include all relevant details to demonstrate your
experience with regards to applicant selection and evaluation processes, an
updated statement of interest (SOI), and any other relevant information for
the NCSG Policy Committee’s consideration.

Regards,