[NCSG-PC] Proposed NCSG Policy calls until AGM 2020

Olga Kyryliuk olga_kyryliuk at ukr.net
Fri Apr 3 11:15:01 EEST 2020

I see, Rafik. Let’s go then with your initially proposed dates.

Best,
Olga

3 апреля 2020, 07:47:27, от "Rafik Dammak" < rafik.dammak at gmail.com >:

hi all,

thanks for the comments, I would like add a caveat here:

- the idea of planning for several months is to give everyone heads-up to organize and plan for attending. Of course, there will be some  emergencies or any unplanned things for some of us that cannot be avoided. We can always reschedule in extreme case like last time meeting but we still need some regularity.
- rotation for day and time: for day, it will be complicated because the meeting usually happen prior to council meeting and after we get the agenda for council meeting in order to prepare for it, that limit the number of available days. We have also to avoid regular slots of PDP WGs and other ICANN related committees.
For time, I will be candid here, rotation means  everyone accepting to have calls at their 23:00 or 6:00 not just calls from 9:00 to 17:00, how many are ready for that? Personally, most of ICANN calls I attend are late in evening or early morning, not keen to add more. Council has 3 time slots in theory but the reality we are using only two and one is the same time we are already using for NCSG policy call.
We can ask Maryam to make a spreadsheet to check which timezones are friendly to the member of PC and select from there but I want also to point our that the call is also for our NCSG members (satisfying a larger group will be more complicated).
- Duration, we can reduce to 90min, 60min will be more challenging. We also talked about adding another call  or regular webinars and a separate PC monthly call.
Happy to hear from others.