[NCSG-PC] Final NomCom

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:32:57 EEST 2018

Thanks Ponce

Please forgive me, Brenden added a bit after I submitted this which I think
we can keep. attached is the modified one.

Here it is

*Recommendation 7: NomCom members, except for leadership positions, should
serve two-year terms, but be limited to a maximum of two terms. The NCSG
does not object to this recommendation. However, there may be some risk
that a group of interested parties could gain undue long-term influence in
the Nomcom by colluding in some manner. That risk should be taken into
consideration if Nomcom member term lengths and limits are revised.
Moreover, the perceived problem that extending terms is to remedy is that
Nomcom members do not really get "up to speed" until the second year.
Because of this, they are unable to leverage that experience. However, as
we noted earlier in our comment, an alternative solution is to improve the
situation by codifying operational rules, e.g., around decision making
processes, making it easier for new members (and frankly, the broader
community) to clearly understand how the Nomcom works in advance of
serving. *

Farzaneh