[NCSG-PC] Preliminary comments on WHOIS Review 2 agreements

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed May 2 21:47:07 EEST 2018

Attached are my preliminary comments on the WHOIS review team 2 initial
findings.  This is the rollup of the subgroups work, which we recently
discussed in Brussels.  I objected strenuously to one item, that the
Board had delivered on its responsibilities re a policy.  I think the
EWG was a violation of the MS process, the failure of the RDS was a
failure of ICANN as a whole (not the GNSO as Alan G claims) and that the
Board initiated interim policy is a fundamental failure of the MS
process.....

anyway I have asked for more time, which I doubt the Chair will grant.
Volker, who did not attend the meeting, has not had time to go over it.
He is the only contracted party there (there are 3 GAC members) and they
have to live with all our recommendations, which I find fundamentally wrong.

Let me know if you have comments, I will push to get them added.  They
are rushing this through when we are all GDPRing....

cheers Steph