[NCSG-PC] Board Seat 14/ appointment process

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Thu Mar 29 21:30:54 EEST 2018

My apologies for taking a while to comment on this.

I admit to disliking this draft, it has significantly changed from the old procedure and none of the changes seem positive to me.

The NCA is effectively rendered irrelevant. Included as an adviser is meaningless, as far as I can tell. While the NCA offers no particular advantage to NCSG, I think it is a definite step back in terms of creating an open procedure. .

And it effectively removes the vote of individual councillors entirely. NCSG only reluctantly adopted binding councillors individual votes as a counter tactic to the CSG, and this procedure enshrines that permanently, effectively saying there is no hope that the CSG will have any internal democracy, so we shouldn’t bother with the potential for it. And it entirely lacks any procedure for coming to an outcome if full consensus can’t be found, other than rinse and repeat.

If it was to be adopted, we would at least need a new procedure to determine how leadership consensus will be determined, if there is a minority opinion.

David