[NCSG-PC] Fw: [council] Draft of Public Comments - ICANN's Draft FY19 Budget and Ops Plan

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:24:50 EET 2018

Hi,

I just had a quick read through the Council's comment and i think it looks
great. The SCBO did a good job in developping this. I don't have any
substantial comment but maybe just on the form.

When reading through and having read our own comment, i can feel the same
person was holding the pen on both comments and I would like to thank Ayden
for the work done there as well. I was wondering if there was a way to
remove some paragraphs which reads exactly the same  in both comments? I
believe this would be a way to keep both comments original. Someone outside
the GNSO reading them would feel like either one copied paragraphs from the
other group. There are some paragraphs that i would love to only remain in
our comment because i believe we should take ownership of them and not be
replicated in the council's comment because actually we were the first to
put them forward in our comment. I don't know whether this makes any sense.

I am not sure how this can be done now that the council draft is also out.
I don't want any paragraph to be removed from our comment because it is
ready to be submitted but if there are ways to remove those from the
council comment, that would be great.

Lastly and i know we have reached consensus on the paragraph on Fellowship
program (and should no longer argue on it) but after reading what Council
suggests, I would have loved for us to clear ours and keep the one on the
council comment as it is more elaborate and very clear than ours.

Thanks,
Arsene

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)