[NCSG-PC] Notes for GNSO appointed Board meeting tomorrow

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:18:32 EEST 2018

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow we will have a meeting with Becky, Matt Shears (I made a mistake
of thinking when we say GNSO members board they actually know Sarah and
Avri should be invited too, they might be able to make it)
Anyhow a conversation with Matt and Becky will be useful:

Here are the core messages we need to send to the board tomorrow I also
suggest first you start the conversation about GDPR/Accreditation model and
talk about capacity building last. For Capacity building we just want to
say we are doing various things to empower our members to get involved with
policy, should not take long. Rafik will be chairing the meeting.
These  are the messages:

- There is no urgency for the matter of accreditation.
- why is ICANN org getting involved with this, is it in consultation with
the Board? If so please tell them to stop getting involved, the issue of
access to WHOIS data is within the picket fence and is a policy issue. What
they are doing is not justified.
- We are working on Access, and we are planning to start a process within
the community.
- We are concerned with where ICANN org is going with this access model,
and we are concerned that the Board just approves it.
- We denounce the IPC/BC accreditation model, we do not believe
accreditation/access should be happening anywhere outside of ICANN
legitimate processes even if they have carried out the process neutrally it
is still led by one interest group. We also mention the BC letter yesterday
and explain that this model has not been developed by a cross section of
the ICANN community, at least from our part there was never formal
participation we repeatedly said we won't get engaged and if a couple of
our members attended some of the meetings was just to prevent damage, it
was not formal NCSG participation.

This is the agenda. Probably have to first talk about GDPR privacy stuff
then NCSG engagement with policy.

*CSG and  GNSO Board Members Meeting:*

- NCSG updates on engagement with policy (NCSG capacity building course and
other outreach efforts)

- GDPR and accreditation model

- The future of Temp Spec and its effect on the privacy of domain name
registrants

Farzaneh